So I just picked Auburn up from the babysitter and I told her we needed to go home and have dinner. She told me that she didn't want to have dinner she wanted to have lunch! I tried to explain that dinner isn't about WHAT we eat but WHEN we eat. She was not getting it and started crying because she didn't want dinner she wanted lunch.
I got home and we went down to the office and Cody tried to explain first by asking what she wanted to eat. "Peanut Butter and Honey". Ok, well you can eat PeanutButter and Honey in the middle of the day and it is called lunch. You could also have PB & H at night and it is called dinner. She looked at him like she was trying to get it. Then I piped in and said you could have PB & H in the morning and it would be breakfast. "No! Cheerios and cereal is for breakfast. Cody said well traditionally she is right but sometimes you can even have cold pizza for breakfast. She said NO that's dinner! Cody laughed and said your grandpa would agree with you. She said THATS NOT FUNNY! Which made Cody laugh even harder. Then she said well maybe it would be ok to have Peanut Butter and Honey for Dinner even though it was lunch.
Anyone else as confused now as the 4 year old?
Hahahaha! Cute
ReplyDelete