Monday, July 25, 2011

Nighttime Potty Training

Just completed night three of night time potty training for Auburn. She has been in pullups for several months but after only one successful night with those I've decided that my daughter is more of an extreme measures needed person. She's been fairly resistant to change in her young life, (formula to milk, bottle to cups, diapers to underwear, etc.) so I decided no time like the present to go straight to underwear at night. Pull ups weren't working so lets try this. Hey, I'm up four times a night to go to the bathroom at this point in my pregnancy, let's just get her up and used to going in the middle of the night as well. Cody and I had a little debate about if we should just let her sleep and wet the bed or if I should wake her up for a bit and get her body used to waking up to go to the bathroom at night. Judge if you must but we decided on waking her once a night.

ANYWAY, first night I got her up with protest at 12:30am to go to the potty. She wouldn't go so I woke her again with protest at 3am. She did go then and woke the next morning in a dry bed. Night 2 at 1am she called to me crying because she had wet the bed. Night 3 (after having gone without her yellow blanket all day due to the cleaning process) I got her up at 12:40am. She asked what we were doing, I said going potty so she doesn't wet the bed, she said "Oh, that's a good idea" walked to the bathroom, went and came back to bed and fell asleep almost immediately.
Personally I think the lack of yellow blanket for a day was more tramatic to her than anything else and produced her newly willing attitude. We'll see tonight....

1 comment:

  1. How much do you hate that dreaded, "moooooommmm!" In the middle of the night? Good luck! Fingers crossed she gets the hang of it before baby brother comes along.

    ReplyDelete